Mp4 is one of the most widely-used and trusted video formats. Like other video formats, MP4 is also vulnerable to corruption issues. Corruption in MP4 videos can take place in any form and due to any reason like virus, bad sector in storage device, improper transfer of file, recording videos in low battery, improper MP4 conversion, and using memory card in various devices. For any user, it is very annoying when they encounter with error messages when opening or accessing an important file.
For example, you have recorded an MP4 video on your camera. But while recording it, the camera just fell off your hand. But it kept on recording in normal mode. But when you try to play the video, it shows an error message instead of playing. You may have tried several attempts, but failed to open the file.
Why MP4 Videos Go Corrupt and Not Playing on Media Players?
- Interruptions on transferring or downloading MP4 files like turning off the system suddenly, loss of network connection, power surge etc.
- Insufficient memory space on SD card and storage devices when recording the video.
- Showing error messages while recording the video on video recorders, smartphone or digital camera, due to improper power supply, turning off the gadget, and removal of external media from devices.
- Virus attack to the storage media where MP4 file is stored by connecting it to the gadgets or computer with virus.
- Other issues like CRC error, header corruption, presence of bad sectors on storage media, and converting the file to other video formats, etc.
How to Repair Corrupt MP4 Files?
Method 1 – Using VLC Player
- Open VLC Player. In Media option, choose “Convert or Save”.
- Add “Input files or streams” you want to transcode, press “Convert or Save”.
- In “Convert window”, provide file name for destination file.
- Choose desired Codec from profile list
- Click on “Edit Selected Profile” button to edit or check a specific profile setting
- You can also add a new profile or remove any existing one.
- Press start.
Method 2 – Using MP4 Video Repair Tool
It is very reliable and most recommended MP4 repair software that can fix corrupt or inaccessible MP4 file. Along with it, the tool can also fix WMV, ASF, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3G2, 3GP, M4A and F4V video formats which are damaged due to several reasons. It is a nice tool which recovers video and sound streams of corrupt MP4 files to settle all the issues to play MP4 videos. You can easily repair broken, truncated, and out-of-adjust MP4 videos which play halfway and are completely unsupported.
There are several reasons behind corruption of MP4 files. MP4 Video Repair tool is a very reliable and user-friendly. It extracts video and audio streams of inaccessible MP4 files to fix all corruption issues and forms a playable video file. In addition, this tool can also repair out of sync, truncated, or broken MP4 files. Free Version will show you the preview of recovered videos which size is less than 10MB.
We recommend our user to use Free trial version, Free version will help you to take a decision, is it Good for you or Not.