Microsoft Outlook actually a personal information manager from the Microsoft. Ms Outlook is a part of the Ms Office Suit commonly use as an email application. It includes some email items like calendar, tasks, contacts and other items.
Ms Outlook’s versions information
Outlook 2016 is a latest version of Ms Outlook includes in Office 2016. MS outlook saved data in two formats like .ost and .pst. Outlook 2002 its previous versions use ANSI file format to store Outlook mailbox data. The size limit of the outlook file is 2 GB which is saved in this format. And the other version of outlook includes 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 they stores data in the Unicode format as you can say, default format. Its storage capacity is 20 GB. MS Outlook 2016 can enlarge the file size to 50 GB. In the case of maximum file size limit reached then outlook file becomes damage or corrupted.
Reduce the size of a PST file as manual:
Manually it doesn’t reduce but still user can try this at once just after taking backup of original file. If the files are deleted from the personal folder then it doesn’t change the size of the file unless you compress it. Let’s start the process-
- Click the File menu, and then click Data File Management
- Choose the file you want to compact, click on settings
- Then click on the Compact Now
Some reasons of corruption are loss of data and inaccessibility of mailbox files in PST files are virus attack, power failure, damaged .pst file due to manual mistake, abrupt shut down of outlook, and fault in network device.
Scanpst.exe manual method: Location of file for accessing Scanpst.exe:
|Outlook 97/98:||drive:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Messaging\scanpst.exe|
|Outlook 2000:||drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\NT\scanpst.exe|
|Outlook 2002:||drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\scanpst.exe|
|Outlook 2003:||drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>|
|Outlook 2007:||drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12|
|Outlook 2010:||drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14|
|Outlook 2013:||drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15|
Step1. Follow the procedure to repair PST file Manually:
- Enter name of the damage pst file, click on the browser button
- After that click on the options button and select appropriate option
- Click on Start for scanning the process
- PST file will show within seconds
- If you want to create a backup of scanned files, check Make backup of scanned file before repairing
- Next click on the repair button, after few of time massage will shows of Repair complete
Step2. Recover data from repaired file to new PST file:
Executing Inbox Repair utility only scans and repairs corrupted file. After the recovering process is completed, user needs to recover data from repaired PST file. Recovered data then can be saved in new PST file. The procedure is as follows-
- Open Ms Outlook and select repaired PST file.
- Choose Folder List view from View tab.
- Now display list of recovered personal folders- Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Calendar, Notes, Contacts and Tasks. Generally the folders are empty.
- Now create a new PST file in your outlook. According to different outlook versions:-
Outlook 2010/2013 – File tab > Info tab > Account Setting > Account Settings > Data Files tab > Add > Enter file name > OK
Outlook 2007 – File tab > Data File Management > Office Outlook Personal Folders File (in Types of storage dialog box) > OK > Select location and enter file name of new PST file (in Create or Open Outlook Data File) > OK
Outlook 2003 – File > New > Personal Folders File > OK (Create or Open Outlook Data File dialog box opens) > Enter file name > OK (Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box opens) > Enter file name > OK
- Move data items from Lost and Found folder to new PST file.
- After dragging all the items, remove repaired PST file including Lost and Found folder.
Now here is an easy third party solution to the repair PST file of Ms Outlook by the Outlook PST Repair Software which helps to the repair of PST files of outlook. The software is easy to use and quickly recovers the PST files. Use Free Trial version to recover your Outlook PST File.