If you are facing an error in opening a QuickBooks database file? If yes, then there may be a problem in your QuickBooks database file, which can even raise the problem to become data loss. As the QuickBooks database contains critical financial data, losing it would definitely become headache. In such cases, you should try to find the exact cause to recover corrupt QuickBooks file. If none of your tried methods succeed, then you should use a third-party QuickBooks repair tool to do the needful.
For example, If you are trying to open QuickBooks 2009 file but failed. The following error message is displayed:
“(-6000,-816): QuickBooks was unable to open the file because the file is in use. Another person may be in the process of opening this file.”
Such problems while opening a company file can happen because of the following reasons:
1. QuickBooks may be having conflicts with the Auto-Protect Scanning feature of Symantec Endpoint Protection
2. May be the file is in use by another application
3. Corruption in QuickBooks files
4. You have installed a third-party backup application that creates backup of files while they are open by some application.
For these mentioned reasons, you should perform the following methods to address the situation:
1. Contact Symantec: You should contact Symantec about how to set the preferences to disable Auto-Protect Scanning feature.
2. Repair QuickBooks file: You should perform the following steps to repair corrupt QuickBooks file:
3. Restart your system.
4. Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server and make sure that the company files shared folder is displayed in the following applet:
5. “Folders that contain QuickBooks company files”
6. Copy-paste the file from the server to your system.
7. Now, open it in your system.
Close the file and copy to the same folder in the server by renaming the file.
Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server and scan the renamed file .
Now, open the file on the server from your system. It should open perfectly now.
If the above mentioned steps did not help you or you are facing difficulty in repairing damaged QuickBooks file. I would strongly recommend the third party application. You just try the Free Trial version of software to Repair Damaged QuickBooks Database. In Free version you are able to see the preview of Recover QuickBooks Data, for saving these data you need to purchase the full version license.